Members have been advised earlier this year that many cinemas are now requiring a ‘gold coin contribution’ from Cinema Pioneers using their Photo ID Cinema Card. There is not a standardised rule for this – it is at the discretion of the Exhibitor – so we urge you to check before attending.
The President and executive Committee are grateful for the privileges extended to our members, and thank all cinemas involved, especially at this time of great disruption for the industry.
The following major cinema exhibitors generously offer one member with a Cinema Pioneers Photo ID card and a guest this privilege, and we gratefully acknowledge their support:
- Event Cinemas
- Birch Carroll & Coyle
- Reading Australia
- Wallis Cinemas (SA)
- Grand Cinemas (WA)
- United Cinemas
- IMAX Theatres (Melbourne)
…including complimentary glasses for 3D movies…
- The card cannot be used on Saturday evenings after 6.00pm, on Public Holidays, or for Premium Seating and Special Programs (e.g. Special Previews and Premieres, and those showing “No Free List” Tickets).
- Cinemas may not accept the card for certain other sessions on occasion, such as special events, co-sponsored film festivals, Q&A screenings.
- HOYTS has advised that exceptions also extend to HOYTS LUX, Directors’ Suite, Bean Bag Cinema, Xtremescreen and HOYTS IMAX.
- EVENT and VILLAGE Gold Class and V-Max Cinema sessions are excluded
- READING Titan Luxe Cinema sessions are similarly excluded
To the best of our knowledge, the following Independent Cinemas continue to honour our Membership Card, but again this may no longer be the case. Always check beforehand. Please advise the Secretary if a cinema no longer recognises the Cinema Pioneers Card, or if you discover that one not listed also offers Pioneers discount admission.